In addition to matters under the Canadian Criminal Code and related statutes, Fowler and Blok also regularly defends clients subject to investigation or prosecution on quasi- criminal offences including:
- Competition Act offences;
- Wildlife Act offences;
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act offences;
- Customs, Excise and Income Tax charges;
- Environmental law and regulations;
- Occupational Health and Safety matters; and
- Securities law proceedings.
While these are technically not classified as criminal proceedings, they nevertheless represent situations where clients can potentially face extremely serious consequences in the form of significant financial and other penalties, and accordingly are equally deserving of effective legal representation at the earliest opportunity in order preserve and protect client interests.